These default addresses will receive email which sent to valid email account for the existing domain this time. Default Address usually called (catch-all address).
This will allow you to decide how the default address handle the incoming message.
Set Up a Default Address
To set up default address:
- Click the domain which you want to set its default address.
- Click one of these choices:
- Forward to email address – input address in the textbox. You don’t have to type “@” and domain name.
- Discard with error to sender – input error message to the sender in order to be read.
- You can also click Advance Options:
- Ignore incoming message without automatic respond. (Note: this option is not recommended due to the sender did not realize that the sending process is failed).
- Forward message to the program automatically by defines the path to program, such as /home/utility$, in Pipe to Program field.
- Forward the incoming message to system account.
- Click Change.
Note: if your domain is already targeted by spammer, forward the message to default address will tend to bigger the chance of resulting spam.
Using Pipe for Program Selection:
If you select the option to pipe incoming messages into a program, make sure that your script is using permission (755). To change the permission script:
- chmod 755 myscript.php where the myscript.php are the file’s name and your script location.
You need to sure that you use right hashbang.
- #!/usr/bin/php –q – for PHP
- #!/usr/bin/perl – For Perl.